Tuesday 9 November 2010

Merrijig – A regular Hollywood location


So I watched The Man From Snowy river and I’m not sure if I liked it.. The story is cute I guess, but for me the only real appeal was that it was filmed in Merrijig using locals as extras and utilising the fabulous horsemanship the town embodies.

Speaking of the locals, they do love to have a chat about the time the ‘movie people’ came to town. If you manage to get one started they will tell you all about their 15 minutes of fame, the horses that were used, the onset scandals and just about any other little piece of gossip they know!

The story line may have left a lot to be desired but the scenery and horsemanship displayed throughout the film was incredible and inspired me to go on a horse trail.

Laura and Christian from Hidden Trails (www.hiddentrails.com.au/riding) came highly recommended through someone at work so I found myself a riding buddy (thanks Maggz!!) and booked us in.

The day was incredible. The weather had been less than favourable the week prior and that morning we woke up to clear blue skies! Lucky US!!!


Laura and Christian are a fantastic couple. New to the area they have both been involved with horses for a long time and have only recently decided to fire up their own trail rides company. They offer all types of rides, from 2 hr trails to week long trips out into Ned Kelly Country!

Our ride was awesome. Our horses were gorgeous and very well behaved. We did a simpler ride as neither Maggz or I had ridden in quite some time but I think next time will definitely call for a trickier ride! All the same it was fantastic! We had a moment where we crossed a stream and Maggz’s horse lost balance but recovered VERY nicely!

After the ride we had a fabulous little morning tea with

Tim Tams and tea! YUM

All in all it was a perfect day, followed by a BBQ in the spring sun at Will and Maggz place, thats two things in one day.

BOOOYA!!


No comments:

Post a Comment