Sunday 13 February 2011

Just to be sure...

After days of indulging in Christmas goodies Amy and I hopped on an overnight bus to Prague, my favourite city in the world.
I don’t really need to go in to the specific with Prague because we all know I bloody love it there (4th visit in 4years.. not bad). In all the times I have been there every experience has been different and has introduced me to som cracker people that I am still in contact with now. The beer factory and the Aussie bar have been HUGE parts of my love of Prague, oh and of course SIR TOBYS!!

I was so keen to introduce Amy to my favourite city but we only had a day and night and a few stop overs while going back and forth to Vienna and Cesky Krumlov and Bratislava. I do have to admit that this visit was very different to the other times. A lot more cultural than the other times!! Mostly what I love about Prague is the how great it is to just walk around and see what you stumble across. I have done a few museums and the castle once but other than that I am normally there for the fun not for the culture!! This time round we scrammed a whole lot of culture AND fun in. A good combination.

After the success of the Berlin NEW WORLD 3hr tour we decided to hit that up again and it was brilliant, again. The guide was a local which is always a plus and he had degrees in politics, history and drama... Pretty much a hilarious knowledge filled guide! He told us all about the floods of ’92, defenestration (when one dislikes a politician and throws them out a window, LIKE!), communism in Prague and the Velvet revolution.

It was such a fantastic tour and nice to actually get a bit of history in for once! We also checked out the awesome Lennon wall, a wall on the west side of the city that is covered in graffiti and art promoting music and peace. So beautiful.

It was post Christmas and the Christmas markets were still going so we were really lucky, Prague is beautiful enough but at Christmas it is a magical wonderland! It is also a feast of yummy foods, Langos (my favourite), Cinnamon Roll, mulled wine, Bratwurst and so on. YUMMM

When we first got there I withdrew 500kn and had no idea what is amounted to.. haha I was so tired it didn’t occur to me to check the balance until the next day!! Luckily it as not much in AUS $$.. Phew!

In Prague I started to experience Ski Envy. Seeing all the ads for ski gear and skiing holidays and seeing all the people in their ski pants was making me seriously jealous. Damn knee!! L

All in all Prague was brilliant, as per usual, and we had a great time. Hopefully I managed to get Amy to love it half as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment